ILO/ACTRAV releases new posters - Strengthens Ratification of OHS Instruments
A series of eight new ILO posters calls for the country ratification of key occupational safety and health Conventions.
In keeping with the 3rd theme of 28 April to strengthen the ratification of ILO OHS instruments the ILO's Bureau for Workers' Activities (ACTRAV) has produced these posters in close cooperation with the Workers' Group and the Global Unions.
See: "Occupational Health and Safety - Ratify the Conventions!" at: www.ilo.org/ratify
The posters cover the following Conventions:
- No. 176, Safety and Health in Mines Convention
- No. 184, Safety and Health in Agriculture Convention
- No. 170, Chemicals Convention
- No. 167, Safety and Health in Construction Convention
- No. 162, Asbestos Convention
- No. 81, Labour Inspection Convention
- No. 155, Occupational Safety and Health Convention
- No. 161, Occupational Health Services Convention
Available electronically in three languages (English, French and Spanish), the posters may be printed in both A4 or A3 formats.
The background trade union April OHS country-by-country profiles produced for 28 April will now be modified to interact with the availability of these new posters, eventually making them directly available to users of all profiles.
International Labour Conference (ILC) 2006
Printed copies of the posters will be available for the International Labour Conference (ILC) in June 2006. The delegates to this years' Conference will discuss the proposed Convention and Recommendation on the promotional framework for occupational safety and health, based on the conclusions adopted by the International Labour Conference following the first discussion at its 93rd Session (2005).
More information about the International Labour Conference 2006: www.ilo.org/public/english/standards/relm/ilc/ilc95/reports.htm
A specific web page - www.ilo.org/ratify - has been developed with more information about the different Conventions.
- Full texts of the Conventions
- Number of ratifications
- Full texts of the accompanying Recommendations
- Links to the ILO/SAFEWORK and the ILO/SECTOR departments on the specific issues
- Links to Global Unions where applicable and related to the different issues
- Link to ICFTU (resolution on ban of Asbestos)
- Link to the country-by-country profiles for OHSE and for asbestos.
The page is also available in the three languages English, French and Spanish and it is also possible to download the PDF files of the posters from the web pages.