Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 246 – June 2022
- COVID News: UK Government ‘sowing dangerous confusion’ at work
- Ukraine: US reporter shot and killed
- UK: Wilko sorry for saying staff could work with Covid
- Union inspection notice leads to UK HMRC commitments
- Europe: MEPS call for a law on psychosocial risks
- Global: Safety must be a fundamental right at work
- Ireland: Migrant fisher injuries linked to permit scheme
- Mental health concern for journalists covering conflict
- UK: Usdaw focused on young workers and mental health
- Union backs film and TV healthy work campaign
- Always-on culture is a significant problem
- Carmont rail crash report shows systemic failures
- FBU highlights increased risk for firefighters
> Browse the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
UK Celebrates the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022 and achievements
See also the archive of previous editorials.
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.