Are you ready to move Health and Safety forward in Europe? Make sure you attend EurOhse2003
Sheila Pantry OBE
The European Commission's (EC) paper "Adapting to change in work and society: a new Community Strategy on Health and Safety at work 2002-2006 " forms the basis for the EurOhse200 conference to be held in London, UK on the 4th and 5th November 2003.
Focusing in on the EC's thrust and initiatives towards a healthier and safer European workplace, eminent speakers with backgrounds in governments, industry, research and education will be looking forward and discussing how the future ways of working and training will impact on
- the need for risk assessment for all aspects of everyday work life
- fire safety in Europe
- managing road risks
- fitness for work
- researching for tomorrow's workplace
- enabling the disabled in the workplace
- the roles of the social partners in securing a healthier and safer workplace
- corporate killing
- Hans-Horst Konkolewsky, Director European Agency for Health and Safety at Work, Bilbao, Spain
- Paul Huijzendveld, Vice President, International Association of Labour Inspection (IALI) General Director of the Arbeidsinspectie, Netherlands.
- Dr Jukka Takala - Director International Labour Office (ILO) Worksafe Programme
- Marc Sapir, Director, Trades Union Bureau, Brussels, Belgium
- Janet Asherson, Chair, European Employers Group
- Dennis Davis, OBE - International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire (CTIF) and HM Chief Inspector of Fire Services, Scotland
- Willy Buschak, Deputy-Director, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- Dr Vern Andersen, United States National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Don Litten, European Commission Joint Research Institute for the Environment, Seville, Spain
- John Kingston, Chair Noordwijk Risk Initiative Foundation and independent consultant
- Matti Ylikoski, Director, Training Centre, Finnish Institute on Occupational Health
- Roger Bibbings MBE Occupational Health and Safety Advisor, Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- Terry Fahy, Human Resources Manager, Gandon Enterprises, Ireland
- Mike Welham, UK Health and Safety Executive
- Dr Margaret Samuel, Occupational Physician
Dr Brian Kellard, Croner.CCH Group Ltd, John Howard, OBE, Safety Director RoSPA, Professor Peter Waterhouse Honorary Visiting Professor of Occupational Safety in the Robens Centre of the European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Surrey, UK and Dr Sylvia Wood, ex Deputy Director General Health and Safety Authority Ireland will be chairing the sessions.
EurOhse2003 is organised by Angel Business Publications Ltd publishers of the European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs) and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. Sheila Pantry OBE is also editor of EurOhs.
It is sponsored by Croner CCH Group Ltd and supported by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
This is the most important conference for health, safety and environmental professionals in 2003! Be part of the future plans for the ever widening occupational safety, health in Europe. Invest in two days to listen, learn, discuss and network. Bookings are already being made - don't be too late making yours or you may be disappointed!
For further details contact: Mary Meadows, Office and Logistics Manage, European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs), Angel Business Communications Ltd, 34 Warwick Road, Kenilworth CV8 1HE, Warwickshire, UK | Tel: +44 (0)1926 512424 | Fax: + 44 (0)1926 512948 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.eurohse2003.com
Meanwhile OSHWORLD continues to bring you news, publications, web sites that you will find useful in your daily work. Look at the latest additions to the Diary of Events and you will see plans have been made already worldwide up to 2005 to have training courses, symposiums and conferences in many places in the world on a wide range of subjects.
Your OSHWorld Portal
Globally there are continually new titles, news items, new products so remember to look at the News to find the latest information from a number of sources.
Remember to look at the Products and Services on this web site and see what is new and updated, such as Fire Worldwide which has attracted users not only from the UK but around the world. The guidance, advice, and the information in the legislation will help all those achieve a safer workplace. Over 2000 pages of full text has recently been added to the latest edition, plus thousands of new records in the bibliographic databases. See for yourself and take a free 30 trial - either via the Internet on CD-ROM. Contact Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd, UK | Tel: +44 (0)1909 771024 | Fax: +44 (0)1909 772829 | E-mail: email@example.com.
Most information services have a reference shelf where you can quickly check the reference sources - so OSHWORLD brings you a collection of Reference sources.
Click onto the various Bookshops to order any new document as they are being published.
Please send any suggestions or comments about OSHWORLD - your portal to validated and authoritative information. Remember also to look at our other sites - www.sheilapantry.com and www.shebuyersguide.com.
Hope you have a zero accident and incident-free year in 2003 in your workplace.