Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 229 – January 2021
- UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) advice on working safely during the coronavirus pandemic
- UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) updated advice on protecting clinically extremely vulnerable workers
- The UK has left the EU so new rules are here
- British Safety Council International Safety Awards 2021
- Event: The Economics of Occupational Safety and Health
- Event: Vision Zero Summit
- Event: Regions in Recovery – Building Sustainable Futures, Global e-Festival
- US NIOSH COVID-19 Update 2021
- US Center for Disease Control (CDC) Ventilation in Buildings: updated 21 December 2020
- New article: Which COVID policies are most effective? A Bayesian analysis of COVID-19 by jurisdiction
> Browse the News Archive.
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
Self-determination? by Roger Bibbings
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.