Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 231 – March 2021
- USA NIOSH: Masks Block More Cough Aerosol Particles than Face Shields
- Event: New Webpage Highlights USA NIOSH 50th Anniversary Info!
- Event: World Glaucoma Week 2021
- Event: International Women’s Day
- Event: No Smoking Day
- Event: COVID-19 Workplace Management and Resilience – Free Webinar
- Event: World Sleep Day and the Workplace
- Event: Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine (iNano-2021)
- HSE Education eBulletin
- UK HSE has updated information on Ventilation and air conditioning during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- HSE Safety Alert issued
- New Books
- US NIOSH: Advancements in Elastomeric Respirator Technology for Use as Source Control
- Health and safety is ‘key’ to reopening the UK economy
- UK Furlough scheme extension late but welcome
- Large expansion in vaccine production and equitable distribution are vital
- USA FDA Grants Emergency Use Authorization for New COVID-19 Vaccine Developed by Janssen with Support from BARDA
- Prioritising workers for vaccine works best
- Urgent need for Covid safety in the British courts
- PPE policy leaves low paid ambulance staff at risk
> Browse the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
Drowning in information but thirsty for knowledge?
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
Important March 2021 dates to note and that may change your lives
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.