Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 198 – June 2018
- Health Care is a Human Right – It begins with Proper Diagnosis
- 50th anniversary of the equal pay strikes at Ford in Dagenham, UK
- London Fire Brigade to be one of the most ‘dementia friendly fire services in the world’
- Event: Fire Hazards in Enclosed Spaces / Compartments
- Event: AIOH 2018 – Occupational Hygiene, Challenges, Opportunities and Solutions
- Disabled workers earn £2,730 a year less on average than non-disabled workers – new TUC report
- ECHA – the European Chemicals Agency News
- EU-OSHA’s Annual Report 2017 – Marking achievements and looking ahead to future goals
- Amazon workers hospitalised and in constant agony
- Drone law doesn’t go far enough, pilots warn
- Stressful jobs linked to deadly heart rhythm disorders
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
World Day Against Child Labour – Geneva event on 4 June 2018
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
The ILO – A century of advancing social justice and promoting decent work
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.