Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 208 – April 2019
- Event: On Your Feet Britain
- Event: Tackling Rogue Drones – Combating Misuse, Implementing Effective Crisis Management Strategies and Promoting Responsible Drone Ownership
- Event: The 3rd SFPE Europe Conference on Fire Safety Engineering
- Event: Firex International 2019
- Event: 13th Carbon Dioxide Utilization Summit
- Event: 10th Maritime Salvage & Casualty Response
- Event: Urgent and Emergency Care – Facilitating Patient Flow
- Event: 25th Maritime HR and Crew Management
- US NIOSH News
- It is April – Use Stress Awareness Month to ‘bounce back’
- A+A Specialist Article No. 1: Congress Respiratory Protection and Occupational Hygiene
- Every year on shifts ups heart disease risk 1 per cent
- Working nights linked to greater risk of miscarriage
- Sedentary work can kill you
- Risks from chemical cocktails ‘under-estimated’
- China: Death toll rises to 78 in chemical plant explosion
- Italy: Stop the exploitation of migrant farm workers
- Backing for UN convention on safety of journalists
- Tackling third-party abuse and harassment: A guide for trade union reps from the TUC
- Pilots warn drone operators not to fall foul of new laws
- More road safety training needed for young children, UK RoSPA research shows
- US NIOSH Advice: Responding to a Suspected Opioid Overdose
- RoSPA calls for permanent British Summer Time in wake of European Parliament vote
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2019 – Safety and Health and the future of work – 28 April 2019.
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
RoSPA calls for permanent British Summer Time in wake of European Parliament vote.
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.