Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 214 – October 2019
- London Taxi drivers face highest level of black carbon exposure
- UK Unite calls for urgent cut to killer silica dust limit
- Amazon health and safety lies ‘exposed’
- Government deregulation ‘responsible for Grenfell’
- Union action call to force bad ship operators out
- RMT driver only operation dispute on West Midlands Trains
- Tube violence ‘out of control’ warns union
- UK workers deserve a break, says TUC
- New US NIOSH Webpage on Suicide and Occupation
- France: Toxic exposure anxiety ruling to be broadly applied
- Malaysia: Haze is an ‘occupational hazard’ say campaigners
- USA: Safety interventions less effective for low-waged
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
Young workers should be given appropriate work and provided with adequate training and supervision
See also the archive of previous editorials.
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.