Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 211 – July 2019
- UK HSE releases annual workplace fatality figures for 2018/2019
- Event: UK National Hazards Conference
- Australia: Union wins inquiries into spate of mine deaths
- Global: Samsung facing charges over ethics failures
- Germany: Unions want ‘siesta’ break during heat waves
- UK Smoking in Pregnancy Challenge Group comment: Government risks missing ambition as rates of smoking during pregnancy not falling fast enough
- HSE Training and Events news
- Event: Developing Effective Procedures
- New Reports and Books
- Bouncy castles: Safety advice
- UK slavery network ‘had 400 victims’
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
Lead and engage with others to improve your workplace health and safety priorities
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
New ILO Convention 190 to combat violence and harassment at work
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.