Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 223 – July 2020
- Trades Union Congress (TUC): Covid-19 Coronavirus – Guidance for unions
- Trades Union Congress (TUC): A Better Recovery – Learning the lessons of the corona crisis to create a stronger, fairer economy
- Trades Union Congress (TUC): Rebuilding after recession – A plan for jobs
- Trades Union Congress (TUC): Young workers are most at risk from job losses due to the coronavirus crisis
- UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE): Gas safety during the coronavirus outbreak
- UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE): New online training solutions available now for slips and trips
- Events offered online by British Safety Council
- Event: RoSPA Covid-19 Return to Work Webinar
- Event: RoSPA Safer by Design Workshop – A framework to reduce serious accidental injury in new build homes
- Event: The Health & Safety Event
- Event: ACI 27th Maritime HR and Crew Management Summit
- Rescheduled events from September 2020
- UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) advice on air conditioning and ventilation, during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- More coronavirus-related updates and advice from HSE
- TUC report on new and expectant mums affected by health and economic impacts of coronavirus crisis
- RMT launches Covid-19 charter for Tube staff
- Hospitals and GP practices must have clarity and adequate supplies as new face covering rules come into effect, says BMA
- UK Government plans to fund just 12 new fire inspectors after Grenfell in “gross underestimate” of building safety crisis
- Grenfell anniversary: FBU “will not accept another year of inaction”
- Europe: Campaign wins Covid-19 guarantees for workers
- Workplace safety not in European Commission’s top 40 priorities despite coronavirus
- Easing lockdown and return safely to work
- London Fire Brigade: Fire service awards recognises women’s exceptional leadership at the Brigade
- Sharan Burrow, ITUC General Secretary and Virtual meetings
- HSE and the Manufacturing sectors: Returning to work safely during the coronavirus outbreak
- Wide concern as lockdown relaxed and 2m rule eased
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) urges businesses to become COVID-secure
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
UK Workplace fatality figures released for 2019/20
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.