Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 208 – April 2019
- ITUC takes demand for a New Social Contract to the UN General Assembly
- Event: Building a Safer Future – The Next Steps for Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Working at heights
- UK Accident Investigation Chiefs’ Council
- UK Farmers warned about Health and Safety concerns
- New campaign highlights the real impact of falls on loved ones
- The latest HSE research reports
- Full-time employees in the UK work two and a half weeks more a year than the EU average
- Nudging construction workers towards better sun safety behaviour – full IOSH report
- News from US NIOSH: Robotic Arm Tests Glove-Gown Protection in Healthcare
- News from ECHA: Registered substances mapped for regulatory action
> Look through the News Archive.
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
RoSPA calls for permanent British Summer Time in wake of European Parliament vote
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.