EurOhse2005 conference: creating a winning OSH culture - time to book you place!
Just over two months to the EurOhse2005 conference: creating a winning OSH culture, to be held on 30 November 2005 - 1 December 2005 at the Stratford Manor Hotel, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, UK.
Angel Business Publications and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd are delighted to announce that EurOhse2005 conference will be held on 30 November 2005 - 1 December 2005 at the Stratford Manor Hotel, Stratford-on- Avon, Warwickshire, UK. This is the third year for this very popular, informative conference that keeps you up-to-date and provides excellent networking opportunities.
Chairmen for the two days will be John Howard OBE, CEO RoSPA and Dr Peter Waterhouse, Robens Institute.
EurOHSE 2005 conference will provide key points for future activities for all those responsible for securing good standards of health and safety in the workplace, and excellent networking opportunities. 14 eminent speakers with backgrounds in government, inspectorates, industry, research and education will discuss a range of topics.
The programme will cover four main areas:
- Global activities in Occupational Safety and Health in the Workplace
- Creating a healthy workforce
- The Reality of OSH in the workplace
- The Future OSH World
The fourteen Speakers are:
- Professor Charles Woolfson, Marie Curie Chair and EuroFaculty Professor, University of Latvia, Professor of Labour Studies, School of Law, University of Glasgow will give an Evaluation of the European Commission's Adapting to change in work and society: a new Community Strategy on health and safety at work 2002-2006: What has been achieved and what needs to be done; How are European Businesses dealing with demands and changes
- Dr Thomas Jostmann, CEFIC Executive Director, will give a presentation on REACH - Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals
- Dr Eusebio Rial-Gonzalez, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work will give an overview of the Agency's current and future activities and objectives, including the integration of the new Member States and the worldwide links, and also European Week 2005 "Stop that Noise" objectives.
- Healthy employee in a healthy organisation will be discussed by Dr Karl Kuhn, Chairman ENWHP - European Network for Workplace Health Promotion, Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Germany
- David Eves CB will be looking at the costs of accidents and how to get senior directors involved in OSH
- Arnold Pindar, British Standards Institution will look at European Standards and how they compare in Member States
- Richard Hopkins, President of the Employee Assistance European Forum (EAEF) will describe how Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) are providing innovative solutions to the challenge of building and maintaining employee well-being in European workplaces.
- Jonathan Bendit, Sheiiba - The Safety, Health and Environment Intra Industry Benchmarking Association looking at "How to improve health and safety performance by learning from other companies"
- Mike Welham, ex HSE Senior Inspector now with Total Control (Anglia) Ltd will talk on "Poacher turned Gamekeeper" - including corporate responsibilities.
- Carole Spiers, Carole Spiers Group talking about "Get Well Soon - Managing attendance and return to work
- Dr Luise Vassie, Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) will be discussing "Is Risk Assessment really working"
- "Horizon scanning in OSH research" will be explained by Dr Peter Ellwood, HSE Health and Safety Laboratory, UK
- Voluntary Protection Programme (VPP): Changing habits will be explained by Eamonn O'Sullivan, Health and Safety Authority, Ireland
- Sarah Hamilton will look at the worldwide networking of OSH professionals including APOSHO, ENSPHO, INSHPO etc
This is the major conference of 2005! Bookings are coming in fast... Make sure that you have a place and make your reservation now!
EurOhse2005 One-day Masterclass on Fire Risk Assessment and Business Continuity Planning and Management, 29 November 2005, Stratford-on-Avon
This One-day Masterclass on Fire Risk Assessment and Business Continuity Planning and Management is to be presented on 29 November 2005 at the Stratford Manor Hotel, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, UK by Les Moseley - Director of the Coventry Centre for Disaster Management and Programme Manager - University of Coventry, UK and Dennis Davies CBE, OStJ, QFSM, CEng, CCMI, FIFireE(Life), MEI - Independent Fire Adviser - International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire (CTIF) and formerly HM Chief Inspector of Fire Services, Scotland.
The Masterclass aims to build on existing knowledge and skills in Risk and Hazard Analysis for Fire Risk Assessment and develop further knowledge in Continuity Planning.
Both the EurOhse2005 conference and the Masterclass are organised by Angel Business Communications Ltd and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd.
Why not book both the Masterclass and the EurOhse2005 conference?
For further details contact the programme organiser Sheila Pantry | Tel: +44 (0) 1909 771024 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details regarding bookings contact: EurOhse 2005 and Masterclass, Jesse Bhadal, Conference Manager, Angel Business Communications Ltd, 34 Warwick Road, Kenilworth CV8 1HE, Warwickshire, UK | Tel: +44 (0) 1926 512424 | Fax: +44 (0) 1926 512948 | Email: email@example.com | www.eurohse2005.com for full details, booking form, location etc.