Press Release – 1 May 2008
Do you need fire related information? You may be interested in having a look at the FIREINF service.
As you may be aware the Fire Service College Library has recently withdrawn its external services. If you wish to continue to have quick access to validated, authoritative and constantly updated fire and fire related information you may be interested in having a look at FIREINF service.
Fireinf, arguably the world’s premier collection of related validated, authoritative information on the subject aims to help all those seeking such information. Emphasis is on all aspects of fire, emergency and preparedness management principles, fire risk assessment, practices and research.
Searchers should also be aware that the myth that everything is published on the Internet and is free is just not true!
One way to quickly gain access to legislation, guidance and advice that is up-to-date and relevant is to take a 15-day Free Trial of Fireinf – the service that is focused, affordable, easy to use and continuously updated as new data is published.
Published by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. since 1997 (previous titles Fire Worldwide and also Fire, Emergency and Preparedness Worldwide), Fireinf uses the powerful Headfast software and is accessible via the subscription online service www.fireinf.com.
So what can you find in Fireinf?
Fireinf is the premier collection of validated, authoritative information and contains two major collections – the Full Text Collection and the Bibliographic Collection.
- The Full text Collection of 5 databases contains thousands of pages of
easily searchable full text documents, which are continually being added to, thus
updating the existing wide-ranging sources of critical fire information. The
collection contains all appropriate European and UK legislation for fire and fire
related industry. In addition there is an extensive range of fire and fire
related documents from organisations such as:
- UK Government Communities and Regional Government (previously Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) Fire and Rescue Directorate, and Home Office) Circulars, papers, research reports etc.
- USA National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- UK Health and Safety Executive
- UK University of Greenwich, Fire Safety Engineering Group
- UK Fire Protection Association
- World Fire Statistics Bureau, Geneva
- CTIF – The International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire
- The Bibliographic Collection has 7 databases that contain over 266,000 records to journal articles, guidance and advice, circulars, reports, conference proceedings, research reports, statistics and codes of practice from worldwide sources, all of which may be easily accessed. For those organisations that do not subscribe to a range of journals/magazines this is one way of ensuring that you are alerted and guided to the latest news, developments and trends.
One of the databases is from the British Standards Institution – contains references to over 4000 fire and fire related standards.
Note: Many of the bibliographic records link direct to the full text document.
An important feature of Fireinf is that it will give you immediate access to the full text document wherever possible.
The publishers – Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd – are committed to maintaining and expanding Fireinf that is arguably the world’s best collection of fire and fire related information. We have 30 years of continuous experience of database building.
The prices reflect our aim to bring fire and fire-related guidance, advice, research, journal articles, papers, standards to the attention of firefighters, fire and rescue service managers, practitioners and managers, researchers, trade union safety representatives, occupational physicians, information specialists in industry, colleges and universities, government staff, inspectors, university and college safety directors, university and college lecturers and those in training – at a cost that is affordable and a service that is time efficient. Please ask for quotation.
TAKE A 15-DAY FREE TRIAL
After 15 days your trial access will be timed out.
Contact: Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd, 85 The Meadows, Todwick, Sheffield S26 1JG, UK | Tel: +44 (0) 1909 771024 | Fax: +44 (0) 1909 772829 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.sheilapantry.com | www.oshworld.com | www.shebuyersguide.com | www.oshupdate.com | www.fireinf.com