Time to re-assess your health, safety and fire information sources
During the current lock down people worldwide have taken the opportunity to re-assess many things in their own lives and work lives. No doubt we will have a new world order from these current experiences. One such re-assessment that perhaps ought to be at the top of your list should be looking at your own health, safety and fire information sources – and in these rapidly changing times ask are they “fit for the new purpose”?
Questions to be considered…
- Are they really up to date as they should be?
- Look at your bookshelves – ask if this is up to date or your historical collection?
- If you ask your colleagues for information – ask if they are up to date with their knowledge? What do they read? Have they a specialist subject that they follow constantly? If so, how?
- Do you have access to a constantly updating OSH and Fire information centre or library? If you live in the UK the probability is that the answer is NO.
- Check the universities and colleges information centres that teach OSH and fire sciences and look at their information centres / libraries to see what up to date sources of information they have to support their lecturers and students in their current studies.
- In any recent training courses you have attended, ask how much NEW information was passed to you. If none, ask why.
- If you are keen to further your OSH AND FIRE career and specialisms what
do you do to make sure that you are at least updated with relevant
- new legislation
- new best practices, advice and guidance
- new research work,
- new types of jobs
- new techniques and products
- new standards and codes of practice
- new specialist journal articles
- new conference proceedings
Answers can be found in a number of authoritative and validated specialist organisations’ websites and publications, databases, specialist publishers, journals and collection of information such as OSH UPDATE + FIRE www.oshupdate.com or portals to websites such as www.oshworld.com
OSH UPDATE + FIRE
OSH UPDATE + FIRE contains numerous articles, leaflets, guidance and advice on all aspects HEALTH, SAFETY AND fire in our World of Work including latest challenges such as COVID-19/Coronavirus from authoritative and validated worldwide sources.
OSH UPDATE + FIRE is easily searchable by keywords, titles, journal names, standard number, authors, organisations, and will keep you and your colleagues alerted to all the latest hot topics in workplaces health and safety and much more.
It is easy to have a trial of OSH UPDATE + FIRE www.oshupdate.com which currently has over 1,159,788 records including full text documents.
There are many other examples of lessons learned in the reports, results from research, guidance and advice.
Arguably one of the largest OSH collections in the world containing authoritative and validated data at this price. d advice available in OSH UPDATE + FIRE to help organisations – managers, directors, supervisors and workers and especially those teaching in colleges and universities to learn about the all aspects of working safely and healthily in all workplaces.
Arguably THE largest electronic collection in the world on these very wide subject areas from worldwide sources. There is a special collection of OSH legislation, guidance and advice within OSH UPDATE and FIRE!
The databases and contents are from worldwide class organisations such as the US NIOSH, the UK Health and Safety Executive, the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and many more similar organisations around the world.
This time of the year is a good time for all organisations worldwide to review their health and safety goals and decide on the training or re-training that is needed for all levels of staff and update their information resources.
Check out these successful efforts and introduce them into your workplace!
It is always good to keep researching and finding out if there are services and other ways of keeping up to date in this fast-changing world of ours. Time is precious and many people are really stretched in their jobs and find it difficult to keep ahead in current knowledge that they should have for their jobs. So help is at hand for those working in health, safety and fire and fire related industries which are brought together in an easy to use web service entitled OSH UPDATE + FIRE www.oshupdate.com that is constantly updated.
If you need further information on all aspects of the development of health and safety in Great Britain/UK and in any other country over the decades then have a look at OSH UPDATE + FIRE which is a unique electronic collection of information sources collected together in one place – www.oshupdate.com! Available for a 15-day free trial!
Information seekers will find a wealth of authoritative and validated advice from these global sources. Full text documents and references on research results, best practices, case studies, journal articles, reports, advice and guidance, legislation, accidents and incident reports and much more are in the OSH UPDATE + FIRE collection.
Why not try OSH UPDATE + FIRE for yourself? OSH UPDATE + FIRE is arguably the world’s biggest collection of worldwide OSH information, is easy to use and is very budget friendly. Why pay more for information?