EUROSHE 2003 Conference: tomorrow's workplace
Aiming for a healthier and safer European Workplace
If you are not planning to go to any other conference this year then this conference is one you must NOT miss! EurOhse2003 looks at the major themes of the European Commission's Adapting to change in work and society: a new Community Strategy on health and safety at work 2002-2006. It will be held on Tuesday 4 November 2003 and Wednesday 5 November 2003 at the Royal National Hotel, Russell Square, London, UK.
It is organised by Angel Business Publications Ltd publishers of the European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs) and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. Sheila Pantry OBE is also editor of EurOhs.
It is sponsored by Croner CCH Group Ltd and supported by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
Eminent speakers from around the world, with backgrounds in government, industry, research and education will discuss future ways of working and training, the need for risk assessment for all aspects of everyday and work life, corporate killing, fire safety, managing road risks, fitness for work. Speakers will also cover researching for tomorrow's workplace, enabling the disabled in the workplace and the roles of the social partners in securing a healthier and safer workplace.
This conference will provide key points for future activities for all those responsible for securing good standards of health and safety in the workplace.
The speakers include:
- Hans-Horst Konkolewsky, Director European Agency for Health and Safety at Work, Bilbao, Spain
- Paul Huijzendveld, Vice President, International Association of Labour Inspection (IALI) General Director of the Arbeidsinspectie, Netherlands.
- Dr Jukka Takala - Director International Labour Office (ILO) Worksafe Programme
- Marc Sapir, Director, Trades Union Bureau, Brussels, Belgium
- Janet Asherson, Chair, European Employers Group
- Dennis Davis, OBE - International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire (CTIF) and HM Chief Inspector of Fire Services, Scotland.
- Pierre-Raymond Bodin, Director, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- Dr Vern Andersen, United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Don Litten, European Commission Joint Research Institute for the Environment, Seville, Spain
- Dr John Kingston, Consultant, UK
- Professor Matti Ylikoski, Director, Training Centre, Finnish Institute on Occupational Health
- Roger Bibbings MBE Occupational Health and Safety Advisor, Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- Terry Fahy, Human Resources Manager, Gandon Enterprises, Ireland
- Mike Welham, UK Health and Safety Executive
The following will be chairing the various sessions:
- Dr Brian Kellard, Croner CCH Group
- Professor Peter Waterhouse, Honorary Visiting Professor of Occupational Safety, Robens Centre of the European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Surrey
- Dr Sylvia Wood ex Health and Safety Authority Ireland
- John Howard, Safety Director Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
It is the major occupational health and safety conference of 2003! It addresses the future aspects of tomorrow's workplace thinking.
For further details contact:
Mary Meadows, Office and Logistics Manager, European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs), Angel Business Communications Ltd, 34 Warwick Road, Kenilworth CV8 1HE, Warwickshire, UK | Tel: +44 (0)1926 512424 | Fax: + 44 (0)1926 512948 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The web site give full details of the programme, www.eurohse2003.com