Fire information from worldwide sources
Fire is a devastating thing, it can kill, ruin lives and businesses. Ensuring that the latest knowledge and expertise is available is essential for everyone - businesses, schools, universities, government departments and agencies. The availability of authoritative information on fire and fire related subject is paramount.
There are many organisations around the world producing guidance, advice, reports, research reports, standards and training data. Some of these organisations make their information available via their web sites, often free of charge. Likewise the appropriate legislation from the European Commission and other sources such as the UK Government. But it takes time to check out all these individual sources and find a particular piece of fire and fire related information.
A data source that is arguably the world's best collection of such information is Fire Worldwide. Using the powerful SilverPlatter retrieval software FIRE Worldwide, published by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd., is available on an annual subscription at a price of £535 for standalone use, and is accessible via Internet or on CD-ROM.
Fire Worldwide is a premier collection of validated, authoritative information and contains two major collections - the Full Text Collection and the Bibliographic Collection.
- The Bibliographic Collection has 7 databases which contain over 235,000 records to journal articles, guidance and advice, circulars, reports, conference proceedings, research reports, statistics and codes of practice from worldwide sources. One of the databases - from the British Standards Institution contains references to over 2500 fire and fire related standards.
- The Full text Collection has 4 major databases which contain full
text documents, more are continually being added to this wide-ranging source of
critical fire information. The collection contains all appropriate European and
UK legislation for fire and fire related industry - some hundreds of documents.
In addition a range documents from organisations such as:
- The UK Fire Protection Association
- CTIF - The International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire
- The UK Department of Transport, Local Government and the Regions
- US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- UK Health and Safety Executive
- Ireland Department of the Environment Fire Safety
- World Fire Statistics Bureau
There is a commitment to maintain and expand Fire Worldwide which is used by organisations worldwide. Fire Worldwide is set to expand still further!
For full details of this product, please check out the list of contents of Fire Worldwide on www.sheilapantry.com
To take a free 30-day trial of Fire Worldwide - either via the Internet or
on CD-ROM, please contact:
Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd | Tel: +44 (0) 1909 771024 | Fax: +44 (0) 1909 772829 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with your details: