OSH-ROM ... the road to quality health, safety, hygiene information
OSH-ROM is one of the world's oldest health and safety collection of information. Started in 1986, by Sheila Pantry and SilverPlatter Information it brings together six complementary bibliographic databases covering critical international occupational health and safety information. OSH-ROM is a unique and vital resource for information concerning occupational health and safety, hygiene, chemical, hazardous incidents, and the handling of dangerous materials. The individual databases contain over 1.5 million citations from over 5000 journals and 120,000 monographs and technical reports.
OSH-ROM is arguably the major route to keeping yourself up-to-date on global health and safety topics with over 50,000 new references per year. By subscribing to OSH-ROM you are working smarter not harder in keeping abreast of the fast changing world of workplace health and safety!
- RILOSH Ryerson International Labour Occupational Safety and Health Index is produced by the Ryerson Technical University Library, Toronto, Canada, and is included in OSH-ROM by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. RILOSH is a comprehensive database of bibliographic references and covers International as well as Canadian and American health and safety, chemical toxicology, environmental health, safety engineering, biotechnology, biohazards, workers' compensation and workplace disability issues.
- HSELINE from the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Information Services from the UK contains citations to all HSE and Health and Safety Commission (HSC) publications, together with documents, journal articles, conference proceedings, legislation and a range of extra information from other countries.
- CISDOC from the International Occupational Safety and Health Information Centre (CIS) of the ILO contains a range of information from over 35 countries
- MHIDAS the Major Hazard Incident Data Service, created by AEA Technology Plc on behalf of the Major Hazards Assessment Unit of the UK Health and Safety Executive
- MEDLINE Advanced OEM Subset: Occupational and Environmental Medicine a subset of the U.S. National Library of Medicine's (NLM) MEDLINE database
- NIOSHTIC and NIOSHTIC2 from the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) contains a wealth of references to NIOSH own research and staff papers over the past 30 years.
All the products are based on SilverPlatter's WinSPIRS or WebSPIRS software which will give the user quick and easy access to a wealth of important publications. The user can download data and print out required full text documents as well as cross search the database with other titles which use the same software.
It is also possible to network CD-ROMs to enable simultaneous access by multiple users in an organisation. Users will be able to use their own personal computers to give authoritative and validated answers to questions on all aspects of health, safety, environment and fire.
Also available is SilverLinker which is SilverPlatter's exciting innovation that lets you navigate seamlessly to full text. Search your favorite SilverPlatter databases. Choose the citations that are most relevant, and link from bibliographic records directly to full-text articles, your library’s holdings, document delivery services, or interlibrary loan.
The web site will give you further information on the list of journals available for SilverLinker-enabled databases by service providers or by specific databases.
- Over 2.5 million links to over 6,500+ journals and over 2 million unique articles.
- Links from over 90 SilverPlatter databases
- Current Links which are harvested and updated weekly - providing the most current information
- Links to select local collections
New Features from SilverLinker Full Text Providing:
- Easy administration of links by journal title
- Customizable links by individual, department, consortia
All Active Links
Unlike other services, with SilverLinker all of the links you see are live - you won't see links that lead you to dead ends or error messages.
SilverLinker Tour - from the SilverLinker web site you can take a Tour* which illustrates the seamless access that SilverLinker provides!
*You need the Macromedia Flash 5 Plugin to take the Tour which is available via the SilverLinker page.
FREE TRIALS AND ORDER FORM
All the products are available on a 30 day free trial.
Why not try these for yourself and check out the contents of these exciting sources of information against your own workplace/academic needs. Complete the following details and post, fax or mail to