OSH UPDATE + FIRE
Want to keep up to date in worldwide occupational health, safety, fire and rescue and fire related topics, hygiene, road safety, water safety, environment trends with the latest information?
Do budget constraints not allow you to buy all the journals, newsletters and documents that contain the latest information? Can’t afford the time to search for the latest information, legislation and standards? No staff to search for this information? And no time yourself to spend hours searching for information? Does your organisation have students and those who need to update their training who need the latest guidance and advice?
Then this very affordable, unique, long established, very successful Internet based service OSH UPDATE + FIRE, from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd is the answer for you. Powered by Head Software International’s Headfast/Discovery Internet publishing software, OSH UPDATE + FIRE contains over 1.1 million records and is regularly updated as new information is published.
Searchers should also be aware that the myth abounding in the world that “everything is published on the Internet and is free” is just NOT true!
Quickly gain access to legislation, guidance and advice that is up to date and relevant – take a 15-day Free trial of OSH UPDATE + FIRE – the service that is focused, very affordable, easy to use and continuously updated as new data is published from worldwide sources. Longer trial times are also on offer.
Now in its third decade, OSH UPDATE + FIRE is accessible via the Internet Service www.oshupdate.com
So what will you find in OSH UPDATE + FIRE?
This aggregation of databases contains thousands of relevant references with abstracts or keywords and will keep you and your colleagues alerted to hot topics such as the health risks of nanotechnology, corporate killing and corporate social responsibility, bio-terrorism, management of road risks, water safety, road safety, preparedness and business continuity, risk assessment, occupational hygiene, health and safety and precarious jobs, sleep and work in times of Covid-19, drones and robots in workplaces, use of cannabis in workplaces, wellbeing and mental health in all workplaces, new methods of construction of buildings – especially high-rise buildings and the use of cladding after the UK Grenfell Tower fire disaster and other similar fires around the world. Extensive collection of fire and fire related information – includes all relevant UK and European legislation, research reports and thesis from well-known UK and international organisations and universities. Contains a unique database on wildland fires.
Full Text Collection
The Full Text Collection contains over thousands of pages of easily searchable full text documents, which are continually being added to in the following databases:
- EU Legislation – All relevant European Union Legislation
- UK Legislation – All Acts and SIs relevant to health, safety, fire, environment, chemicals, etc.
- European Agency for Safety and Health at Work publications
- International Full Text Collection – Authoritative and validated documents from a wide variety of worldwide organisations
- ILO (International Labour Organisation) Conventions, Protocols and Recommendations plus reports
- CCOHS – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – Questions and Answers special collection
You will find databases from worldwide authoritative sources included:
- ANPI Archive – Belgian Fire and Intrusion Prevention Association – references
- BRE FLAIR FRS – UK BRE Global Ltd – references
- British Standards Institution – full details of all BSI standards
- CISDOC – The Health and Safety Information Centre of The International Labour Organisation – some links to full text
- FRI Wildland Fire, USA – Fire Research Institute Wildland Fire, USA – references
- FSEG – University of Greenwich, Fire Safety Engineering Group (FSEG), UK – references
- HSELINE – UK Health and Safety Executive Information Services – references some links to full text
- International Fire Bibliographic – Produced by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd – references
- International OSH Bibliographic – Produced by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd – references
- LPC Risk Sciences Archive – LPC Centre for Risk Sciences Archive – references
- Major Hazards Accidents and Incidents Database (MHAID) – Produced by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd – references with increasing number with links to full text
- IRSST – Canada IRSST Institute database of health and safety research reports – majority links to full text
- NIOSHTIC US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health – majority references
- NIOSHTIC-2 – US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health – majority links to full text
- RILOSH – Ryerson International Labour Occupational Safety and Health – references
- RoSPA – UK Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents Information Services – UK references – some links to full text
Records have links to the full text where possible – this is all done for you!
OSH UPDATE + FIRE is expanding at a rapid rate – we are continuing to add information from new and other well-known information producers around the world. As well as the latest information, many reference sources go back 80 or more years and so a valuable tool for researchers.
Contact Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd for prices for single, multi-users and consortia users. Why not join up with others to make a consortium?
The subscription prices reflect our aim to bring authoritative and validated guidance, advice, research, journal articles, papers, standards to the attention of health and safety practitioners, occupational hygienists, research workers, scientists, occupational health nurses, toxicologists, health workers, and managers, trade union safety representatives, occupational physicians, information specialists in industry, colleges and universities, government staff, inspectors, university and colleges safety directors, university and college lecturers and those in training – at a cost that is very affordable and a service that is time efficient, up to date and totally UNIQUE.
Free 15-day Trial
Try OSH UPDATE + FIRE for 15 days with no obligations.
OSH UPDATE + FIRE is excellent and easy to use.— A user in Finland
It is what we need to keep us up-to-date.— A Hong Kong multi user group
It is very useful, and saves me a lot of time from having to search many sources elsewhere.— A busy UK consultant
OSH UPDATE + FIRE always gives an answer even for our most difficult enquiries.— A busy information service manager for an institution
It is invaluable for our work – please renew our subscription.— An information services manager
For many years used by organisations and fire and rescue services in the UK and around the world, OSH UPDATE + FIRE is expanding all the time!
Full Text Contents
Please check out the complete full text contents listings of OSH UPDATE + FIRE.