Occupational Safety and Health monitoring systems in Europe and other countries
The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work has brought together short descriptions of the major occupational safety and health (OSH) monitoring systems currently in use in the Member States and other countries on the website http://osha.europa.eu/topics/osm.
OSH monitoring systems are instruments used for measurement and analysis in the area of occupational safety and health. They are commonly used to inform and guide government policy. Typically, these systems are used to give an indication of the number of work accidents or occupational diseases, or they might record information about places of work, or about the activities of the organisations involved in ensuring good working conditions. The systems included in this web-feature collect data regularly, although the intervals can be as long as five years, and generally cover all or most of the country's working population.
You may view the information in two ways; either listed by type of system or by country of use. If you need more information on a particular system then click on the name of a system. It is possible to get more detailed information about most of the systems by following the internet links or using the information about publications and contacts.
The Agency will be adding to the web site as they receive details of further systems to include.
In its first five years, the Agency has focused on four priority areas -
- OSH-Systems and Programmes
- Research on Work and Health, and
- Good Safety and Health Practice.
The headings on the web site fall under the following headings:
- OSH Systems Monitoring information by System
- OSH Systems Monitoring information by Country
- Agency publications on OSH Monitoring
These are produced to provide policy makers and practitioners with high-quality, state-of-the-art information about occupational safety and health which is vital if further progress is to be made in combating safety and health problems within Europe.
The Agency Reports are available in: Español, Dansk, Deutsch, Ellinika, English, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Português, Suomi and Svenska, typically are:
- Issue 405: OSH Monitoring: The State of Occupational Safety and Health in the European Union - Pilot Study
- Issue 404: OSH MONITORING: The State of Occupational Safety and Health in the European Union - Pilot Study; Summary Report
- Issue 403: OSH MONITORING: State of Occupational Safety and Health in the EFTA Countries
- Issue 401: OSH MONITORING: Data to describe the link between OSH and Employability (Working Paper)