EOHSE2003 Conference: aiming for a Healthier and Safer European Workscene - 3 and 4 November 2003, London, UK
This important conference looks at the major themes of the European Commission's Adapting to change in work and society: a new Community Strategy on health and safety at work 2002-2006. It will be held on Tuesday 3 November 2003 and Wednesday 4 November 2003 at the Royal National Hotel, Russell Square, London, UK.
It is organised by Angel Business Publications Ltd publishers of the European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs) and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. Sheila Pantry OBE is also editor of the European Occupational Health and Safety magazine (EurOhs).
Eminent speakers with backgrounds in government, industry, research and education will discuss future ways of working and training, the need for risk assessment for all aspects of everyday and work life, corporate killing, fire safety, managing road risks, fitness for work. Speakers will also cover researching for tomorrow's workplace, enabling the disabled in the workplace and the roles of the social partners in securing a healthier and safer workplace.
This conference will provide key points for future activities for all those responsible for securing good standards of health and safety in the workplace.
The speakers include:
- Hans-Horst Konkolewsky, Director European Agency for Health and Safety at Work, Bilbao, Spain
- Malcolm Gifford, International Association of Labour Inspection
- Dr Jukka Takala - Director International Labour Office (ILO) Worksafe Programme
- Marc Sapir, Director, Trades Union Bureau, Brussels, Belgium
- Janet Asherson, Chair, European Employers Group
- Dennis Davis, OBE - International Committee for the Prevention and Extinction of Fire (CTIF) and HM Chief Inspector of Fire Services, Scotland
- Pierre- Raymond Bodin, Director, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- Dr Vern Andersen, United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Don Litten, European Commission Joint Research Institute for the Environment, Seville, Spain
- John Kingston, Consultant, UK
- Matti Ylikoski, Director, Training Centre, Finnish Institute on Occupational Health
- Roger Bibbings MBE Occupational Health and Safety Advisor, Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- Terry Fahy, Human Resources Manager, Gandon Enterprises, Ireland
- Mike Welham, UK Health and Safety Executive
It is the major conference of 2003!
For further details contact:
Mary Meadows, Office and Logistics Manager
European Occupational Health and Safety Magazine (EurOhs)
Angel Business Communications Ltd
34 Warwick Road
Kenilworth CV8 1HE
Tel: +44 (0)1926 512424
Fax: + 44 (0)1926 512948
The European Occupational Health and Safety magazine (EurOhs) is now in its second year of publication and aims to provide a voice for the health, safety, environment industry across Europe. Regular articles include: legislation, European News, European Agencies' news, latest research, new products and services, training seminars, conferences, software focus on new packages and web sites. In addition there are articles on topical subjects from experts. To obtain a sample copy contact EurOhs office details above.