Sport and Leisure Health & Safety
Sheila Pantry, OBE
Whilst we all aim to keep fit and healthy by indulging in the ever-growing list of sporting and leisure activities, there is a always the danger that you may not be carrying out these activities in the most healthy and safe way.
Every year, hospitals throughout the world treat thousands of injuries, and sadly have to deal with deaths caused by sporting and leisure pursuits.
There are many pieces of guidance and advice, and of course legislation which governs these activities, so it is up to the individual, the sports and leisure health and safety and facilities managers to make sure that all those involved do so safely and healthily.
Sports and Leisure Health & Safety
To date, it has not been possible to access one source of information, but a recent partnership brought together by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd has for the first time has enabled the essential data to keep those who are responsible for securing good standards in health and safety in Sports and Leisure industries up-to-date.
Sport and Leisure Health & Safety Plus contains:
- two full text databases of the appropriate UK Acts and Statutory
- two complementary bibliographic databases containing thousands of
- From RoSPA a bibliographic database containing references to UK and Worldwide health and safety legislation, codes of practice, circulars, reviews, reports, journal articles, conference proceedings. References to RoSPA's own publications and journals including Care on the Road, Occupational Safety and Health, OSH Bulletin (formerly RoSPA Bulletin), Safety Education, Safety Express, and Staying Alive)
- From ILAM a bibliographic database containing references to a wide range of leisure and amenities management information from UK and Worldwide includes: data sheets, reports, information papers, digests, conference papers, research Reports, books, journal articles, conference proceedings and references to the Institute of Leisure and Amenity Management publications and journals.
The information in the databases is validated and authoritative and would also benefit those in other countries, particularly those wishing to achieve good health and safety standards.
What kind of software is used?
SilverPlatter Information Ltd's powerful WinSPIRS software gives the user quick and easy access to a wealth of important references.
Retrieving, networking, downloading and printing references
- It is also possible to network CD-ROMs to enable simultaneous access by multiple users in an organisation.
- The user will be able to retrieve, download data and print out required references.
- Sports and Leisure Health and Safety information seekers will be able to use their own personal computers to immediately give authoritative and validated answers to questions on all aspects of sports and leisure health and safety.
The products mentioned in this article are available for a free trial. Why not try these for yourself and check out the contents of these exciting sources of information against your own workplace needs?