Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 194 – February 2018
- Fire lessons not learned in new sprinkler-free schools
- UK TUC alert on soon to be launched safety standard ISO 45001
- Hazards Campaign resources for 28 April 2018 International Workers’ Memorial Day
- Health and Safety Executive Science Division experts offer Slips, Trips and Falls Prevention Training
- Event: LPG Europe 2018
- Event: The Future of Food Safety Conference – Hygiene and supply chain solutions
- Event: Fire Information Group UK (FIG UK) celebrating its 30th Anniversary with a seminar “Mind the Gap”
- UK Gig economy action not the ‘giant leap’ needed
- Sexual harassment is rife in hospitality, survey shows
- UK Employers urged to let staff ‘rest’ during working day
- New fire books
- London School of Economics says: “Union protection is ‘best antidote’ to sexual harassment”
> Look through the News Archive.
The latest editorial is:
What is your 2018 commitment to tackling modern slavery?
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
Who would vote for health and safety?
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.