Welcome to OSHWORLD
OSHWORLD is a website from Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd which contains news, articles, events and links for the Health, Safety, Environment and Fire community worldwide. It was established in 1996 and was previously known as Health and Safety World.
Edition 191 – November 2017
- A healthy workplace for all ages
- Event: Conference Work and Cancer
- Workplace injury and ill health cost Britain £14.9 billion in 2016/17
- Action on Smoking and Health welcomes inquiry into electronic cigarettes
- Proposal to restrict hazardous substances in tattoo inks and permanent make-up
- Employers Undermining UN Treaty Discussion on Multinational Companies
- ECHA will have six sessions at SETAC Europe in Rome 13-17 May 2018
- London Fire Brigade (LFB) ‘butts’ into vaping campaign
- IPAF welcomes the introduction of updated British standards regarding the safe use of MEWPs and MCWPs
- Highly Sensitive Measurements of the Passage of Nanometric Contaminants Through Protective Gloves, Using Medical Imaging
- French bureau recommends tighter vehicle fire safety
- Investigation of German coach fire
- New employees are most at risk of having a workplace accident
> Look through the News Archive.
See also the archive of previous editorials.
See the latest article:
SIGNS OF WORK - Photography and Film Contest
There is also an archive of previous Focus articles.
Diary of Events
The Diary of Events lists a wide range of Health, Safety, Fire, Chemical, Environment events, conferences, seminars, training courses and other related activities worldwide.
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our news feed.
Country & Subject Links
A list of world wide web occupational health, safety, environment, chemical, fire and related sites listed by both Country and Subject.
Everyday reference source for Occupational Safety, Health, Fire, Chemical and Environment information seekers.
List of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Information Products.
Searching the Internet
A Guide to a variety of other resources you can use to find information on the Internet and tips on how to search most effectively.
Presentations given by Sheila Pantry.
"OSHWORLD brings together a collection of up-to-date occupational safety and health resources, including high value web sites such as the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and International Labour Office (ILO), which help all those seeking quality information".
Dr Jukka Takala, Executive Director, Workplace Safety and Health Institute, Singapore was formerly Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and formerly the ILO Director of SafeWork, InFocus Programme on Safety and Health at Work and the Environment, Geneva.